, , , ,

Scientists & Submarines! DVD Giveaway!

Sunday, August 2, 2009 Leave a Comment

I don't know how many of you have PBS on during the day, it's been a while for me, but I have recently learned about a kid named Sid who hangs out there. He's a puppet (of sorts) that likes....science. Hence the show is entitled Sid the Science Kid.

Standing behind the show is the name Jim Henson, and while Sid is not cloth and strings, rather he was created by digital means, he resembles those other famous puppets by the well loved company.
I received the DVDS from the Sid the Science Kid series "Change Happens" and "The Bug Club" to review in our home, and I was quite excited at the prospect of reviewing them with my preschool nephew. However, their visit was put on hold (sigh). So I took the trusted opinion of my daughter's best friend's brother (who is 3 1/2), that the show is liked by preschoolers ☺.
The joke of the day was one of my favorite parts. Take a peek at Sid.



Now on to the Submarine.

Dive Olly Dive is one of the offerings on PBS Sprout. As soon as I saw the cover of the "Ship Shape Sub" DVD that was sent, I immediately thought that the little ones that watch shows about trains and jet planes would probably like this too. In this series preschoolers follow the adventures of Olly and his sub friend Beth.


The show is incredibly visual. The colors and characters are bright and appealing, as is the backdrop of the ocean and reef. More importantly as a Mom I appreciate the story lines of the episodes and the valuable lessons the show teaches.


These DVDs are to be released on Tuesday August 4th. But one of my readers will have the chance to win them!

An easy entry for your first one, just mention in the comments who you want to win this for.

To earn extra entries, you may do any of the following. Leave a separate comment for each one.

* Subscribe to my feed by e-mail or reader
* Follow me on twitter and tweet about this giveaway - I've made it easy for you just use the re-tweet button in the upper corner of this post and leave a link to your tweet in the comments.
* Blog about this giveaway with a link back here.
* Place my button in your sidebar
* Follow my blog publicly

This giveaway is open to US residents ages 18+, and will end on August 8, 2009 at 11:59 pm cst. The winner will have 72 hours to respond to the winning e-mail or a new winner will be chosen.

Please read **About Reviews at the bottom of the page. I was provided the DVDs "Sid the Science Kid: Change Happens", "Sid the Science Kid: The Bug Club" and "Dive Olly Dive: Ship Shape Sub" in order to watch prior to writing this review. By entering my giveaway you acknowledge that have read and agreed to my Privacy/Rules policy.

110 comments »

  • 5webs said:  

    I would like to win this for my three kids: three-year-old Samantha, two-year-old Bradford, and one-year-old Vivien.
    Alicia Webster
    5webs@comcast.net

  • 5webs said:  

    I subscribe by E-mail and reader
    Alicia Webster
    5webs@comcast.net

  • 5webs said:  

    I follow your blog publicly
    Alicia Webster
    5webs@comcast.net

  • abfantom said:  

    Thanks for offering this great giveaway. I'd love to win this for my daughter.

    abfantom (at) yahoo (dot) com

  • judybrittle said:  

    I would love this for my grandson. I think he would really enjoy watching them. Thank you so much!

  • Denise S. said:  

    I want to win this for all three of my kids.

  • judybrittle said:  

    I follow on Twitter and tweeted
    http://twitter.com/kewpiedoll04/status/3090866394

  • Shannon Wallace said:  

    Thanks for this fantastic giveaway!!

    1. I'd love to win these DVD's for my son's, Ethan who is 6, and Evan who is 3. They love Sid!!

  • Shannon Wallace said:  

    2. You button is already on my blog:o) www.shannonstampsforfun.blogspot.com

  • Shannon Wallace said:  

    3. I already follow you publicly:)

  • Shannon Wallace said:  

    4. I already subscribe to your blog. :)

  • ReggieMann said:  

    I would love to win these DVD's for my niece :)

  • ReggieMann said:  

    I Follow your blog publicly

  • Karen B said:  

    I would like to win for my 3 greatgrandkids - Alex, Jaclyn and Emma.

  • ydsddd said:  

    This would make a great Christmas gift for my nephew! I'm shopping early

  • cpullum said:  

    Would love to win this for my two daughters!
    Carla
    cpullum(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • ky2here said:  

    Our grandchildren will love this!

  • Michelle AKA blabla3269 said:  

    I would love to win this for my daughter

  • Meredith said:  

    I would love to win this for niece and godaughter.

  • Carol EL said:  

    I want it for grandaughter Becca. jelly15301@gmail.com

  • Carol EL said:  

    Google friend public blog follower. jelly15301@gmail.com

  • The Merry Death said:  

    This would be for my future niece or nephew.
    meredycat*lycos*com

  • The Merry Death said:  

    Tweet! http://twitter.com/meredycat/status/3102075065
    meredycat*lycos*com

  • Mermaid-Spark said:  

    I have a three year old who loves this show (Sid). These would be DVD's he would watch over and over. Thanks for the chance.

    espressogurl at hotmail dot com

  • Mermaid-Spark said:  

    Email subscriber to your blog.

    espressogurl at hotmail dot com

  • Mermaid-Spark said:  

    I follow you publicly on Blogger Dashboard (rubymoon/Ally)


    contact:

    espressogurl at hotmail dot com

  • carol said:  

    I want to win this for my grandkids...I think they will really enjoy it..thanks for the great giveaway

  • Deborah Wellenstein said:  

    I want to win this for my grandchildren. Thank you!

  • Winning Readings said:  

    I'd love to win this for my daughter!

    janemaritz at yahoo dot com

  • denyse said:  

    I want to win this for my kids.

    denyse_g@hotmail.com

  • Jen said:  

    I'd like to win this for my son, he loves Sid!

    smurfybabe@juno.com

  • cstironkat said:  

    I would like to win these for Holt who would enjoy them.

  • Winning Readings said:  

    We've posted about this at Winning Readings:

    http://winningreadings.blogspot.com/2009/08/sid-science-kid-dvds_04.html

    janemaritz at yahoo dot com

  • Annette W. said:  

    What a great giveaway! Thanks for the opportunity!

  • Jennifer said:  

    My daughter will be 2 on Saturday and this is her favorite PBS show. (It helps that her dad is a science teacher!) When we were in Nicaragua last month we found Sid the Science Kid in Spanish and she liked it just as much!

  • Jennifer said:  

    Retweeted you here - http://twitter.com/familymusings/status/3130938292

  • Jennifer said:  

    And I am now following you publicly too.

  • denyse said:  

    I'd love to win this for my kiddies.

    denyse_g@hotmail.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I would like to win this for my son. Thank you!

    msurosey@yahoo.com

  • AB Smith said:  

    my 4yr old would love these!


    thanks for sponsoring this.

    2kidsblogger(at)gmail(dot)com

  • AB Smith said:  

    http://twitter.com/2kidsblogger/status/3144947257

    I'd love to win this prize, thanks for sponsoring this.

    2kidsblogger(at)gmail(dot)com

  • AB Smith said:  

    i follow blog

    I'd love to win this prize, thanks for sponsoring this.

    2kidsblogger(at)gmail(dot)com

  • Unknown said:  

    My 5-year-old daughter recently discovered Sid and loves him, learns a lot. She's be very excited to win these DVDs! Thanks!

  • Gabriel S-J. said:  

    This would be perfect for my son!

  • Ken said:  

    This would be for the whole family. We all like Sid the Science Kid and the gang. Please accept my entry. Thank you.

  • Meg said:  

    I would love to win this for my twins!

  • Meg said:  

    http://twitter.com/MJS1708/status/3158824443

  • Colleen said:  

    I would love to win this for my adorable nephew

    colleenyamamoto(at)yahoo.com

  • mogrill said:  

    My daughter who is 5 would really enjoy these!! Thanks for the chance.
    mogrill@comcast.net

  • Dave said:  

    I would love to win these DVDs for my little nephew. He loves PBS Kids. Thank you for the fun give-away.

  • Mary said:  

    I would love to win these for my granddaughter. I'm sure she would enjoy them.

  • Anonymous said:  

    My daughter would LOVE these!!
    amy_gemini@hotmail.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I'd love to win this for my kids.
    erma.hurtt@sbcglobal.net

  • Leslie S. said:  

    I would love to win this for my son.He loves Sid.Thanks!

  • MamaGames - Alexa C. said:  

    I'd love to win these for my 2 1/2 year old daughter... though I'm sure my 7 year old son would enjoy watching them with her!

  • jcamp2020 said:  

    Sid would be perfect for my grandson Sean, age five and starting kindergarten in just two weeks!

  • kygirl said:  

    I would like to win this for my grandson.

  • Anonymous said:  

    For Daniel.

  • Anonymous said:  

    For my niece Hannah!

    theyyyguy@yahoo.com

  • Unknown said:  

    My kids are so into animals, science and bugs and this would be great for them.

  • Marie said:  

    I would love to win this for my son and daughter.

    marielay@gmail.com

  • Marie said:  

    I am a follower.

    marielay@gmail.com

  • Marie said:  

    I follow you on twitter and I tweeted:

    http://twitter.com/doodlebug40/status/3185495841

    marielay@gmail.com

  • Janet and Maya said:  

    I would love to win this for my three year old daughter Maya. We like to watch Sid the Science Kid. My favorite part is when his mom is driving him to school and they sing, "My momma, my momma's cool. But now, it's time for school." I want to be a cool mom! You can help me random.org, pick me, when I give this to my daughter, she'll say, "mom, you're cool!". ;)

    Thanks for a great giveaway and thanks to PBS for great kids programming.
    mayacarpenter at verizon dot net

  • Janet and Maya said:  

    I'm a new subscriber, looking forward to getting to know you!
    mayacarpenter at verizon dot net

  • Janet and Maya said:  

    I'm a new public follower.
    mayacarpenter at verizon dot net

  • Janet and Maya said:  

    I blogged at www.giveawaysonblogs.blogspot.com/2009/08/friday0807.html

    mayacarpenter at verizon dot net

  • Janet and Maya said:  

    I have your button at www.giveawayson.blogs.blogspot.com
    mayacarpenter at verizon dot net

  • Melanie said:  

    I would like these for my godchild.



    clarkmurdock@yahoo.com

  • Jinxy and Me said:  

    I would love to win for my nephew!

  • NesieBird said:  

    This is something that my daughter would benefit from watching. Thanks!

    kneecree at gmail dot com

  • Gloria's Bits and Pieces said:  

    I want to win this for my niece and nephew!

    kngmckellar@hotmail.cpm

  • Gloria's Bits and Pieces said:  

    http://twitter.com/kngmckellar

    kngmckellar@hotmai.com

  • Gloria's Bits and Pieces said:  

    follow blog as kngmckellar

    kngmckellar@hotmail.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    My 4 year old little boy loves Sid!

    penguinchick@comcast.net

  • susan1215 said:  

    My daughter would love this

  • Katie said:  

    I want to win this for my son, who totally loves Sid!
    katiekarr at gmail dot com

  • blogggggg said:  

    My nephew would love this!

    wordsmoveme at gmail dot com

  • blogggggg said:  

    I subscribe via reader!

    wordsmoveme at gmail dot com

  • blogggggg said:  

    I follow!

    wordsmoveme at gmail dot com

  • susansmoaks said:  

    I would love to win this for our daughter, she loves Sid.

  • susansmoaks said:  

    follower and tweeted

    mrstls

  • Candie L said:  

    I would love to win this for my nephew. Thanks

    candieluster(at)gmail(dot)com

  • Candie L said:  

    I am a subscriber. Thanks

    candieluster(at)gmail(dot)com

  • Lisa said:  

    I'd like to win for my 4 year old son.
    iluvchrisnlevi@aol.com

  • dvice12 said:  

    I'd like this for my son

  • Helen said:  

    These would be perfect for my nephew.

  • cman said:  

    I'd love to win this for my son :)

  • tina reynolds said:  

    i would love to win this for my son jack and daughter carly thanks so much for the chance to win eaglesforjack@gmail.com

  • tina reynolds said:  

    i follow your blog thanks for the chance to win eaglesforjack@gmail.com

  • tina reynolds said:  

    i subscribe to your blog thanks for the chance to win eaglesforjack@gmail.com

  • Marina@EBMR said:  

    I would love to win this for my 3 yr old dottie

  • Anonymous said:  

    I would like to win this for my daughter. Thanks for the giveaway!

  • Anonymous said:  

    I subscribed via reader (sunnyview99)!

  • Anonymous said:  

    I followed on twitter and tweeted: http://twitter.com/sunnyview99/status/3202560496

  • Anonymous said:  

    I blogged: http://wut-givz.blogspot.com/2009/08/three-different-directions-pbs-kids-dvd.html

  • Anonymous said:  

    I followed on blogger (Sunny View)!

  • lilyk said:  

    I want to win this for my friend.

  • lilyk said:  

    I subscribed by email.

  • Janet and Maya said:  

    I follow you on twitter and after technical difficulties :) I tweeted here http://twitter.com/janetmom2maya/status/3202815471
    mayacarpenter at verizon dot net

  • Leave your response!