, , ,

Review & Giveaway - Wanchai Ferry Frozen Entrees

Sunday, August 9, 2009 Leave a Comment

MMM....Chinese Food, one of my favorite types of cuisine. I think I've mentioned before that my family isn't as keen on it as I am though. When I have a craving, I can drag them out with me to eat, but it sure can get expensive.

Wanchai Ferry's new Frozen Entrees are now an easy way to cook Chinese at home! These frozen meals that serve two come with individual packets of meat, rice, sauce and your veggies are nestled at the bottom of the bag.

We were able to try the Orange Chicken variety, courtesy of MyBlogSpark, and it was easy to make. All I had to do was fry up the chicken a bit, remove it from the pan. Then add the sauce, veggies and some water. Heat that up, add the chicken back in and let it cook a bit. In the meantime, the rice packet went in the microwave. Now I mentioned before that these entrees serve two people. For a really decent sized meal, that is all it will feed. But with some creativity you could stretch it a bit, and feed more. I cooked up some extra rice, and we easily fed two adults and a teenager with it. You could add some egg rolls or wontons, maybe some egg drop soup and get three to four servings out of one kit that way. Wanchai Ferry's website also has some meal tips for their kits. This picture of the food plated is 1/3 of the package prepared.


To be honest, I didn't expect my family to enjoy this meal all that much, so I was surprised when both Hubby and Amber declared it very good. The rice came out perfect from the microwave, the sauce was mild enough that it didn't kick back at you when consuming it, there was more chicken than breading on it (which is usually my complaint about breaded chicken in dishes too much breading, not enough chicken) and my daughter was thrilled to use the chopsticks sent to us in the package from MyBlogSpark to pick up the mini corn cobs!

While I still had to clean up after this meal (the benefit of going out is no dishes to wash!!), it's good to know I can have one of these in my freezer and whenever I get a craving for Chinese, I can have it in 14 minutes and for as little as $6.00 (the price I saw it for at Walmart last week)! If you would like to try one out visit WanchaiFerry.com and get a $1.50 coupon to use.

MyBlogSpark is giving one of my readers this Wanchai Ferry "Stay-At-Home" Pack - which I also received. It also comes with two coupons for a free Wanchai Ferry Frozen Entree. (I'm using the bowls included for everything lately, they are so great!)


To enter visit WanchaiFerry.com and tell me which variety you'd like to try first.

For additional entries: (leave a new comment for each one)

* follow me on twitter and tweet this giveaway (can be done daily)
* follow my blog publicly
* subscribe to my feed via e-mail or reader
* add my button to your blog
* blog about this giveaway linking back to me

This giveaway will end on August22, 11:59 pm cst, US Residents only ages 18+. One winner will be chosen by random.org and will be notified via e-mail, they will have 48 hours to respond or another winner will be chosen.

202 comments »

«Oldest   ‹Older   1 – 200 of 202   Newer›   Newest»
  • Anonymous said:  

    I would love to try the spicey garlic chicken.

    Nora
    neneelynn@yahoo.com

  • Amber said:  

    I would just love to try the Sweet & Sour Chicken!
    Thank you for the giveaway :)
    hurdler4eva(at)gmail(dot)com

  • Amber said:  

    I follow your blog!
    Thank you for the giveaway :)
    hurdler4eva(at)gmail(dot)com

  • Unknown said:  

    I think the Orange Chicken sounds really good.

  • thinkingbrain135 said:  

    Spicy Garlic Chicken for this family, but all of these dinners look absolutely delicious!

    thinkingbrain135 at gmail dot com

  • Missa said:  

    I want to try the Shrimp Lo Mein!

    sweetmissa@gmail.com

  • Missa said:  

    I follow your blog!

    sweetmissa@gmail.com

  • thinkingbrain135 said:  

    Follow on Twitter and tweeted!

    http://twitter.com/thinkingbrain13/status/3208411907

    thinkingbrain135 at gmail dot com

  • Amanda S. said:  

    The Spicy Garlic Chicken!

  • Mary said:  

    I'd love to try the shrimp lo mein. They all look yummy!

    mamie316(at)sbcglobal.net

  • Anonymous said:  

    I'd love to try the Spicy Garlic Chicken.

  • plhill2000 said:  

    I would love to try the Orange Chicken.

  • ky2here said:  

    Bring on the sweet and spicy shrimp.

  • Anonymous said:  

    I'd love to try the Spicy Garlic Chicken.

    bgcchs(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I subscribe via email.

    bgcchs(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Laura said:  

    Orange chicken is the one I would like to try.
    pcollins@cajunnet.com

  • valerie2350 said:  

    http://twitter.com/valerie2350/status/3211752235

  • Valerie said:  

    Orange Chicken
    KawaiiNeko2008 at aol dot com

  • js22 said:  

    Orange Chicken sounds delicious!

    Thanks for the giveaway!
    email in blogger profile.

  • js22 said:  

    i follow on twitter - js22222222 .
    tweet: http://twitter.com/js22222222/status/3212814542

    email in blogger profile.

  • js22 said:  

    I follow your blog on blogger.
    email in blogger profile.

  • js22 said:  

    I subscribe to your blog's feed via google reader.
    email in blogger profile.

  • Bob said:  

    My choice would be orange chicken.

  • elizabeth p said:  

    I would love to try the orange chicken. I am queenesperfect at yahoo.com

  • lisagee1234 said:  

    Both the orange chicken and the sweet and sour chicken my family would love.

  • lisagee1234 said:  

    tweeted

    http://twitter.com/lisagee1234/status/3214489333

  • cstironkat said:  

    The shrimp lo main looks so good.

  • Anonymous said:  

    I want to try the spicy garlic chicken

    jim.coyne2@verizon.net

  • Sonya Cocherell said:  

    I'd like to try the spicy garlic chicken. Thanks!

  • Sonya Cocherell said:  

    I follow you and I tweeted:
    http://twitter.com/sonyasparks/status/3215900340

  • Renee G said:  

    I would like to try the Sweet and Sour Chicken.
    rsgrandinetti@yahoo(dot)com

  • barbara said:  

    I'd try the sweet and sour chicken (so why does all this Chinese stuff need to have broccoli in it!)

  • barbara said:  

    I follow you on twitter and tweeted: http://twitter.com/bsw529/status/3216529820

  • barbara said:  

    I subscribed with Google Reader

  • Michelle AKA blabla3269 said:  

    sweet and sour chicken tried and true

  • Unknown said:  

    sweet and spicy shrimp...yummy :)

    lavery328 at yahoo dot com

  • Unknown said:  

    I follow on twitter lifestooshort7 and tweet

    http://twitter.com/lifestooshort7/status/3219587941

    lavery328 at yahoo dot com

  • Sue said:  

    Orange chicken looks fabulous. Thanks for the giveaway.

    s.mickelson at gmail dot com

  • throuthehaze said:  

    spicy garlic chicken
    throuthehaze at gmail dot com

  • throuthehaze said:  

    follower
    throuthehaze at gmail dot com

  • throuthehaze said:  

    subscribe in reader
    throuthehaze at gmail dot com

  • Anonymous said:  

    My favorite is the Sweet and Sour Chicken.
    traymona[at]aol.com

  • sphinx63 said:  

    Would love to try the Orange Chicken. THanks!

    sphinxcw at aol dot com

  • hanovertomato said:  

    The sweet and sour chicken for sure!!
    Thanks for the chance to win

    hanovertomato at yahoo dot com

  • sue14625 said:  

    i would like to try the SHRIMP LO MAIN ty for hosting this giveaway

  • Unknown said:  

    daily tweet

    http://twitter.com/lifestooshort7/status/3227575143

    lavery328 at yahoo dot com

  • clynsg said:  

    I would try the Orange Chicken first.

    clynsg at yahoo.com

  • Jeanne St. James said:  

    I love garlic so I would like to try the Spicy Garlic Chicken.

  • Laura said:  

    I follow on twitter and tweeted
    pcollins@cajunnet.com

  • llinda29 said:  

    I want to try spicy garlic chicken

  • Joannie said:  

    I would really like to try the Shrimp Lo Mein!
    hi_joan_elliott(at)hotmail(dot)com

  • jennem said:  

    I'd like to try Sweet & Spicy Shrimp.
    Jennifer, jennem22 at yahoo dot com

  • Anonymous said:  

    shrimp lo mein
    timgus at cox dot net

  • janetfaye said:  

    I would like to try Orange Chicken.

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

  • janetfaye said:  

    I follow - janetfaye


    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

  • kdkdkd said:  

    the Sweet & Sour Chicken - yummy

  • Anonymous said:  

    I would try the Spicy Garlic Chicken.

    oldnehamkin at yahoo dot com

  • Anonymous said:  

    These look yummy. I'd love to try the Sweet & Sour Chicken.

    hebert024 at aol dot com

  • janetfaye said:  

    I blogged:
    http://blog-giveaways.blogspot.com/2009/08/review-giveaway-wanchai-ferry-frozen.html

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

  • Unknown said:  

    daily tweet

    http://twitter.com/lifestooshort7/status/3247057372

    lavery328 at yahoo dot com

  • mogrill said:  

    Love the Sweet and Sour chicken. Thanks for the chance.
    mogrill@comcast.net

  • degood said:  

    I would like to try Spicy Garlic Chicken.

  • Jackie said:  

    I would like to try the Shrimp Lo Mein! Thanks for the review and giveaway!

  • janetfaye said:  

    8/12 Tweet:
    http://twitter.com/Janetfaye/status/3263191982

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

  • Unknown said:  

    daily tweet

    http://twitter.com/lifestooshort7/status/3266227836

    lavery328 at yahoo dot com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I want to try the Sweet & Spicy Shrimp.

  • Anonymous said:  

    Following and tweeted: http://twitter.com/Spoodles/statuses/3270969580

  • Anonymous said:  

    Subscriber.

  • Anonymous said:  

    I got you button.

  • Anonymous said:  

    I would like to try the Spicy Garlic Chicken.

    msurosey@yahoo.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    e-mail subscriber

    msurosey@yahoo.com

  • janetfaye said:  

    8/13 Tweet:
    http://twitter.com/Janetfaye/status/3281790515

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

  • Unknown said:  

    daily tweet

    http://twitter.com/lifestooshort7/status/3291673410

    lavery328 at yahoo dot com

  • Angela R. said:  

    Orange chicken for me!

  • Lauren said:  

    I want to try the Shrimp Lo Mein!

  • Cynthya said:  

    I'd like to try the Spicy Garlic Chicken the most.

  • Unknown said:  

    daily tweet

    http://twitter.com/lifestooshort7/status/3312518205

    lavery328 at yahoo dot com

  • Nancy said:  

    I would like to try the Shrimp Lo Mein.

    Nancy
    allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

  • Nancy said:  

    I am an e-mail subscriber.

    Nancy
    allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

  • Nancy said:  

    I follow you publicly with Google Friends.

    Nancy
    allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

  • Roberta said:  

    Id love 2 try the Spicey Garlic chicken... yum birdson@roadrunner.com

  • Roberta said:  

    Im an email subscriber of YOURS birdson@roadrunner.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    The Sweet and Sour chicken!
    Elizabeth
    mrsgerbil@hotmail.com

  • janetfaye said:  

    8/14 Tweet:
    http://twitter.com/Janetfaye/status/3321899173

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

  • janetfaye said:  

    8/15 Tweet:
    http://twitter.com/Janetfaye/status/3325969081

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

  • Unknown said:  

    daily tweet

    http://twitter.com/lifestooshort7/status/3330125062

    lavery328 at yahoo dot com

  • janetfaye said:  

    8/16 Tweet:
    http://twitter.com/Janetfaye/status/3343225224

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

  • Anonymous said:  

    The variety I'd like to try first is the Spicy Garlic Chicken

    jewell330 at aim dot com

  • Unknown said:  

    daily tweet

    http://twitter.com/lifestooshort7/status/3345463518

    lavery328 at yahoo dot com

  • Izzie said:  

    Shrimp Lo Mein is the meal for me!

  • Angela said:  

    I would try the sweet and sour chicken first.

  • Jill Myrick (jsc123) said:  

    We would love to try the Shrimp Lo Mein.
    Thank you so much for the chance to win.
    jweezie43[at]aol[dot]com

  • Jill Myrick (jsc123) said:  

    I am following via Google Friends Connect.

  • janetfaye said:  

    8/16 Tweet:
    http://twitter.com/Janetfaye/status/3357099076

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

  • Unknown said:  

    daily tweet

    http://twitter.com/lifestooshort7/status/3361266631

    lavery328 at yahoo dot com

  • Nickolay said:  

    The Spicy Garlic Chicken sounds rockin. Thanks for the chance

    jason(at)allworldautomotive(dot)com

  • Brn2lisn said:  

    Shrimp Lo Mein

    brn2lisn(at)gmail(dot)com

  • JACLYN said:  

    Sweet and Sour Chicken is my pick!
    firstrosegrrl@yahoo.com

  • K. Rock said:  

    I would try the spicy garlic chicken.

  • Unknown said:  

    daily tweet

    http://twitter.com/lifestooshort7/status/3383633062

    lavery328 at yahoo dot com

  • denyse said:  

    Definately the orange chicken.

    denyse_g@hotmail.com

  • Kimberly said:  

    I would like to try the sweet sour chicken to see how it compares to my dads. :) It looks like it might pass the test.

  • janetfaye said:  

    8/18 Tweet:
    http://twitter.com/Janetfaye/status/3397469206

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

  • Unknown said:  

    daily tweet

    http://twitter.com/lifestooshort7/status/3405196992

    lavery328 at yahoo dot com

  • turboterp said:  

    They all sound yummy! I'd love to try Sweet & Sour Chicken first. Thanks!

  • JC said:  

    I'd give spicy garlic chicken a try!

  • heaventrees said:  

    I want to try the Spicy Garlic Chicken.

  • janetfaye said:  

    Daily tweet:
    http://twitter.com/Janetfaye/status/3425858662

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

  • Stitchin in the Sip said:  

    The sweet and sour chicken sounds yummy!!!

  • Unknown said:  

    daily tweet

    http://twitter.com/lifestooshort7/status/3438512348

    lavery328 at yahoo dot com

  • janetfaye said:  

    8/21 Tweet:
    http://twitter.com/Janetfaye/status/3444830061

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

  • Tinkerbellie said:  

    Spicy Garlic would be a great meal for our family.

  • Tinkerbellie said:  

    Tweeted..Thanks so much for the Wanchia Ferry Giveaway. There are many varieties.

  • K. Rock said:  

    I would try the spicy garlic chicken.

  • K. Rock said:  

    I get your feed in a reader.

  • Anonymous said:  

    Sweet & Sour Chicken! My favorite!

  • Anonymous said:  

    Blog Follower! :)

  • Anonymous said:  

    Spicy Garlic Chicken sounds delish! trinitygsd at yahoo dot com

  • Unknown said:  

    daily tweet

    http://twitter.com/lifestooshort7/status/3454432843

    lavery328 at yahoo dot com

  • Melanie said:  

    I would love to try the Sweet and Spicy Shrimp.


    clarkmurdock@yahoo.com

  • pattycake said:  

    I'd like sweet n sour chicken

  • pattycake said:  

    follow you on twittered tweeted Latest: just entered at http://bit.ly/g7Wp4less than 5 seconds ago

  • pattycake said:  

    follow you on goggle blogger

  • alycep said:  

    I would try the Shrimp Lo Mein-my favorite.


    apoalillo at hotmail dot com

  • AICORP said:  

    I've tried the boxed version of the Spicy Garlic Chicken so I'd have to try the frozen version to which is better.

  • tlcfromtn said:  

    I'd like to try the Sweet & Sour Chicken first. thanks!

    braaisjo at gmail dot com

  • Pamela S said:  

    Since I always go for the spicy Asian food, I'd try either the Spicy Garlic Chicken or the Sweet & Spicy Shrimp.

    Thanks so much!
    pamelashockley(AT)netscape(DOT)net

  • Pamela S said:  

    I'm following you!

    Thanks so much!
    pamelashockley(AT)netscape(DOT)net

  • Joseph said:  

    I would like to try the Wanchai Ferry Spicy Garlic Chicken first.

  • chazvgo said:  

    Id love to try the Shrimp Lo Mein

  • Mishia said:  

    I'd love to try the spicy garlic chicken!

  • Michael said:  

    First draft choice goes to the Shrimp Lo Mein... if that makes the team then all varieties may be offered a try out! :)

    mcj4tlj(at)comcast(dot)net

  • ShesAnAngel said:  

    I'd love to try the Orange Chicken first, it's my fave!

    justine417@comcast.net

  • ShesAnAngel said:  

    I'm following your blog

    justine417

    justine417@comcast.net

  • ShesAnAngel said:  

    I subscribe via email

    justine417@comcast.net

  • masonsgranny59 said:  

    My favorite is orange chicken:)

  • Unknown said:  

    I would try the sweet & sour chicken first.

  • Unknown said:  

    http://twitter.com/dddiva/status/3470646045

  • Unknown said:  

    I sub via Google Reader

  • Unknown said:  

    Already have button http://myloonyverse.com

  • Deborah said:  

    I'd like to try the Sweet & Sour Chicken. asthenight at gmail dot com

  • Candie L said:  

    I would try the sweet and sour chicken. Thank you

    candieluster(at)gmail(dot)com

  • Unknown said:  

    daily tweet

    http://twitter.com/lifestooshort7/status/3473286928

    lavery328 at yahoo dot com

  • Bridget3496 said:  

    I'd like to try the sweet and sour chicken!

  • susan1215 said:  

    The Spicy Garlic Chicken

  • Bridget3496 said:  

    I subscribe- brdgcombs@aol.com

  • stOOpidgErL said:  

    We actually had the spicy garlic chicken last night and it was AMAZING! We would love to try the orange chicken and the sweet & sour.
    stoopidgerletsy@yahoo.com

  • stOOpidgErL said:  

    I follow your blog
    stoopidgerletsy@yahoo.com

  • skytoucher said:  

    spicy garlic chicken sounds delish. love garlic.

  • Anonymous said:  

    sweet and sour chicken is a favorite at house.

    allegro966(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • trixx said:  

    Spicy Garlic Chicken sounds delicious and so easy to make too! trixpixel(at_gmail.com

  • trixx said:  

    I'm an email subscriber! trixpixel(at)email.com

  • trixx said:  

    I follow! trixpixel(at)email.com

  • Amy delong said:  

    sweet and sour chicken sounds yummy

    ardelong2(at)gmail(dot)com

  • Kelly g said:  

    The orange chicken sounds good.

  • Tylerpants said:  

    I'd like to try the Shrimp Lo Mien. Yum! tylerpants(at)gmail.com

  • Tylerpants said:  

    I'm a subscriber via email. tylerpants(at)gmail.com

  • Brian E. said:  

    Thanks for the giveaway... We would like to try Wanchai Ferry's "Spicy Garlic Chicken" or "Orange Chicken"

    senorpiero [at] yahoo [dot] com

  • Liz Mays said:  

    I'd love to try the spicy garlic chicken!
    doot65[at]comcast{dot}net

  • Helen said:  

    The Spicy Garlic Chicken sounds good.

  • barblong said:  

    I would like to try the sweet & spicy shrimp.

    longbarb1(at)aol(dot)com

  • Nancy S. said:  

    I'd like to try the Sweet and Sour Chicken.
    ncschools at yahoo dot com

  • Nancy S. said:  

    I follow you on twitter and I tweeted.
    http://twitter.com/ncschools/status/3484266176
    ncschools at yahoo dot com

  • Nancy S. said:  

    I follow your blog.
    ncschools at yahoo dot com

  • Jinxy and Me said:  

    Spicy Garlic Chicken for me!

  • Anonymous said:  

    I'd like to try Orange Chicken first
    digicat{AT}sbcglobal{DOT}net

  • Anonymous said:  

    I follow your blog
    digicat{AT}sbcglobal{DOT}net

  • Nancy S. said:  

    I subscribe to your feed.
    ncschools at yahoo dot com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I would like to try Shrimp Lo Mein. garrettsambo@aol.com

  • cman said:  

    Sweet and Sour Chicken :)

  • Donna said:  

    I would like the spicy garlic chicken. It is one of my faves.
    donna444444@yahoo.com

  • Donna said:  

    subscriber
    donna444444@yahoo.com

  • Donna said:  

    follower
    donna444444@yahoo.com

  • Donna said:  

    Button on my blog.
    donna444444@yahoo.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    The orange chicken .If that wasn't available I'd pick the sweet and sour chicken but never the garlic chicken (I recently found out I'm allergic to garlic).

    ladycat713@yahoo.com

  • Charlene Kuser said:  

    I would love to try the Orange Chicken!

    CharlieGurl57@aol.com

  • Charlene Kuser said:  

    Follow and Tweet:Swtlilchick
    http://twitter.com/Swtlilchick/status/3486422612

    CharlieGurl57@aol.com

  • Charlene Kuser said:  

    Following your blog

    CharlieGurl57@aol.com

  • Charlene Kuser said:  

    Subscriber via email

    CharlieGurl57@aol.com

  • liliesrnice said:  

    I'd like to try the sweet and spicy shrimp!

  • /\Heather/\ said:  

    Yum to the Spicy Garlic Chicken! Thanks!

  • lilyk said:  

    I love the Orange Chicken!

  • «Oldest ‹Older   1 – 200 of 202   Newer› Newest»

    Leave your response!