,

Off Season by Anne Rivers Siddons Giveaway

Thursday, July 9, 2009 Leave a Comment


For as long as she can remember, they were Cam and Lilly - happily married, totally in love with each other, parents of a beautiful family, and partners in life. Then, after decades of marriage, it ended as every great love story does...in loss.


After Cam's death, Lilly takes a solitary road trip to her and Cam's favorite spot. It is a journey that begins with tender memories and culminates in a revelation that will make Lilly reevaluate everything she thought was true about her husband and her marriage. Off Season explores the hidden places of the heart that continually surprise us.


My review:


Off Season is a contemplative novel, even more than most in its genre because it is so well written. The characters are real and enduring. If you have not read a book by Anne River Siddon's before, you just might be reading the rest of them after finishing this one. I didn't just enjoy Off Season, I was captivated by it. It digs down into the young life of Lilly and keeps the pages turning.



Please read **About Reviews at the bottom of this page.


Hachette Book Group is generously giving away 5 copies of Off Season to my readers!

To enter this giveaway please just let me know that you are interested in entering.

For extra entries
(please leave each in a separate comment):

1. Blog about this giveaway leaving a link back to it.
2. Subscribe to my feed via e-mail or reader.
3. Follow my blog publicly.
4. Add my button to your blog.
5. Follow me on twitter and tweet about this giveaway (this can be done daily).

This giveaway ends on July 20th at 11:59 pm cst, it is open to U.S. and Canadian residents ages 18+ (no p.o. boxes please).

126 comments »

  • janetfaye said:  

    I would love to enter.

    Thanks!

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

  • janetfaye said:  

    Subscribed.

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

  • janetfaye said:  

    I follow - janetfaye

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

  • The Merry Death said:  

    This looks like a wonderful book.
    meredycat*lycos*com

  • The Merry Death said:  

    follower
    meredycat*lycos*com

  • Rita M said:  

    Looks like a great summer read.. count me in!

  • tawndam said:  

    looks like a great book

  • Unknown said:  

    I would love a chance to read this thanks!
    unforgetable_dreamer_always(at)hotmail.com

  • Unknown said:  

    I'm a follower thanks!
    unforgetable_dreamer_always(at)hotmail.com

  • 5webs said:  

    I am interested in winning this book.
    Alicia Webster
    5webs@comcast.net

  • 5webs said:  

    I follow your blog publicly
    Alicia Webster
    5webs@comcast.net

  • Karen B said:  

    Yes, I am interested!

  • ChristyJan said:  

    Please enter me to win a copy of this book.

    hawkes(at)citlink.net

  • ChristyJan said:  

    I'm subscribed

    hawkes(at)citlink.net

  • ChristyJan said:  

    I follow

    hawkes(at)citlink.net

  • Mommy Kennedy said:  

    Hi Tammy! Just stopping by through EC! I would love to win a copy of the book Thanks for the chance.

  • mindy said:  

    sounds great i am definitely interested thanks for the giveaway

    minsthins at optonline dot net

  • Suburban prep said:  

    I love reading books anytime and this looks like a great read.

  • Risingsouth said:  

    I would love to win this.

    Risingsouth at aol dot com

  • abfantom said:  

    This sounds like an interesting book that I'd like to read. Please enter me in your giveaway.

    abfantom (at) yahoo (dot) com

  • Risingsouth said:  

    I am a subscriber.

    Risingsouth at aol dot com

  • lindaw said:  

    This book has me really interested and Id like to read it!

    frogz60@hotmail.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I'd like to enter......

  • Deanna Lynn Sletten said:  

    I would love to enter this contest. I have read most of Anne Rivers Siddons books and I really enjoy them.
    Stopping by also to catch up on your blog.

    Cheers,
    DeAnna

  • mverno said:  

    i'm interested in entering mverno@roadrunner.com

  • Debbie said:  

    This book sounds great! Thanks.

  • KR said:  

    I'd love this.
    mj.coward[at]gmail.com

  • KR said:  

    I follow.
    mj.coward[at]gmail.com

  • Andria said:  

    I would love a chance to win. Thank you.

  • Andria said:  

    I'm an email subscriber

  • cookiert said:  

    Would love to win. Thanks for the giveaway.

  • Anonymous said:  

    I would like to read this book this summer.

  • Belinda said:  

    Sounds like a great read. Thanks for the chance to win a copy of this.
    1bmore @ gmail . com

  • clc408 said:  

    I'd love to take this to the beach. Thanks for the chance.

  • sue14625 said:  

    Anne Rivers Siddon excellent writer have read several of her books would be proud to add this one to my shelves

  • Cheryl F said:  

    I would love to win this book, please enter me!

  • Deborah Wellenstein said:  

    I would love to win this. Thank you!

  • marthajane said:  

    I would like to win. Anne Rivers Siddons is one of my favorite "southern" authors.

  • Anonymous said:  

    She has become one of my favorite authors and I want this!


    texas_heartland84[at]yahoo[dot]com

  • clynsg said:  

    I am always interested in adding another good book possibility to my TBR pile, and winning is a great way to do that.

    clynsg at yahoo.com

  • ShyMommy said:  

    From reading the little blurb on your blog, I can already see myself getting attached to Lilly as a character. Very interesting premise!

    Winterbreeze85@yahoo.com

  • ShyMommy said:  

    I'm a blog follower

    Winterbreeze85@yahoo.com

  • Sunnyvale said:  

    Yes, I'm interested in entering, sound like a good read

  • Anonymous said:  

    I'd love to enter! This sounds like an interesting read!

    Tarah
    tarah716[at]ymail.com

  • Mia J. said:  

    I would be interested in entering. Thanks for the giveaway.

  • Alicia said:  

    Would love to read this.

    Thanks for the giveaway >^..^<

    bloggyig at gmail dot com

  • Marjorie/cenya2 said:  

    I am an email subscriber and I would love to win this book.
    Many thanks for the great giveaway.

  • LittleEagle said:  

    I am interested in reading this book. sharonaquilino(At)hotmail(dot)com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I'm interested in entering.

    bgcchs@yahoo.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I subscribe via email.

    bgcchs@yahoo.com

  • Ali said:  

    I would love to read this. Sad but I love her writing and am sure I would really enjoy it.

  • Misusedinnocence said:  

    I'm interested in reading this. :)

    misusedinnocence@aol.com

  • Misusedinnocence said:  

    I follow.

    misusedinnocence@aol.com

  • Belinda M said:  

    Please include me in your giveaway.

    Canadian Contests, Freebies, Coupons, Deals, Games and Chat - join us at CoolCanucks.ca


    bluebelle0367(at)hotmail(dot)com

  • Lady Roxi said:  

    Love to have this.

    Thanks,

    darkfyre1(at)gmail(dot)com

  • Sue said:  

    This looks great! Thanks for sharing~

    s.mickelson at gmail dot com

  • Belinda M said:  

    I am an email subscriber

    Canadian Contests, Freebies, Coupons, Deals, Games and Chat - join us at CoolCanucks.ca


    bluebelle0367(at)hotmail(dot)com

  • Belinda M said:  

    I follow your blog

    Canadian Contests, Freebies, Coupons, Deals, Games and Chat - join us at CoolCanucks.ca


    bluebelle0367(at)hotmail(dot)com

  • wendy wallach said:  

    I am interested in entering this giveaway.

    madamerkf at aol dot com

  • Mishia said:  

    I'd love to read this book.

  • Anonymous said:  

    Enter me, please.

  • Nicole D. said:  

    I would liek to be entered!

  • tatertot374 said:  

    I would love to win
    Thank you for the chance
    tatertot374@sbcglobal.net

  • Terra Heck said:  

    I'd like to read this book. Thanks.
    partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

  • george ferris said:  

    I am interested in entering.
    george ferris
    littlegeorgie56@yahoo.com

  • george ferris said:  

    i am a subscriber.
    george ferris
    littlegeorgie56@yahoo.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I'm definitely interested, thanks for the giveaway!

    luckymegs1981 AT yahoo DOT com

  • Carol EL said:  

    Yes, I am interested! Yes, I am interested!

  • Carol EL said:  

    Yahoo reader subscriber. Yes, I am interested!

  • Carol EL said:  

    Google blog follower. Yes, I am interested!

  • jwx4 said:  

    Enter me please.
    jwx4 at yahoo dot com

  • DarcyO said:  

    I'd love to read this one! I subscribe via Google Reader.

    dlodden(at)frontietnet(dot)net

  • David Johnson said:  

    I'd like to enter, thanks.

  • Molly C. said:  

    Looks like a great book! Would love the chance to win it.

  • Anonymous said:  

    Today's my birthday!
    Want to win!
    ceimusic@aol.com

  • Karrie said:  

    I am interested in winning this book, i want to read it really bad :)

  • Marianna said:  

    i'd love to read this! thanks for the chance to win!

  • Anonymous said:  

    I would love to enter.
    erma.hurtt@sbcglobal.net

  • Amy said:  

    I'm interested in entering - and winning - sounds like a good read

  • Gabriel S-J. said:  

    Great read, great contest!

  • Anonymous said:  

    Thanks for the opportunity!

    theyyyguy@yahoo.com

  • alycep said:  

    Love her work and would love to read this one!


    apoalillo at hotmail dot com

  • Gloria's Bits and Pieces said:  

    I am interested in reading this book!!!

    kngmckellar@hotmail.com

  • Gloria's Bits and Pieces said:  

    subscribe to email
    kngmckellar@hotmail.com

  • Gloria's Bits and Pieces said:  

    follow blog as kngmckellar

    kngmckellar@hotmail.com

  • Nancye said:  

    I would like to enter to win this book. I have been wanting to read it for a while.

    nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net

  • Nancye said:  

    I subscribe via email

    nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net

  • Nancye said:  

    I subscribe via reader

    nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net

  • Nancye said:  

    I follow your blog publicly

    nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net

  • Nancye said:  

    I follow you on Twitter and I Tweeted about this Giveaway

    nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net

  • Erica G said:  

    Sounds like a great read. I'd love to win!

    egreca (at) hotmail {dot} com

  • Unknown said:  

    Anne is an exquisite storyteller! I would love to read this one! Thanks!

    sherri419 at gmail dot com

  • azrosebud said:  

    this looks like a great read! thanks

  • guysrose said:  

    Please count me in - love her other books :)

  • Heather said:  

    I would love to enter for this giveaway!

  • Tina said:  

    Look's like a great book!

    sweeps4us(at)gmail(dot)com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I'd love to win this! Thank you for the chance!

    jlilleysprint@earthlink.net

  • Crystal F said:  

    I would love to give this author a try. Thanks for the chance.

  • Anonymous said:  

    would love to read this!

  • Anonymous said:  

    SUBSCRIBE VIA EMAIL

  • Anonymous said:  

    follow your blog

  • Kathy P said:  

    Thank you for the AWESOME GIVEAWAY.. Please count me in :)

  • Kathy P said:  

    following your blog klp1965
    kathy pease

  • Kathy P said:  

    http://twitter.com/klp1965/status/2747985144

  • Miranda Ward said:  

    Looks like a great read

  • Sir Thrift-A-Lot said:  

    Sounds great! I just finished reading my last book in my pile, so would love the chance to read this one.

    jchaborek[at]hotmail[dot]com

  • Sir Thrift-A-Lot said:  

    I am a subscriber via email!

    jchaborek[at]hotmail[dot]com

  • Helen said:  

    I'm always on the hunt for something new to read.

  • Kathy said:  

    I am interested in entering this contest. It sounds like a great book.

  • Charlene Kuser said:  

    I would love to read Anne's book
    it sounds captivating

    CharlieGurl57@aol.com

  • ZESTYWONDERLAND said:  

    I would love to win & read this lovely novel!

    zestywonderland@gmail.com

  • ZESTYWONDERLAND said:  

    I subscribe!

    zestywonderland@gmail.com

  • Charlene Kuser said:  

    Subscriber via email and reader

    CharlieGurl57@aol.com

  • ZESTYWONDERLAND said:  

    I follow!

    zestywonderland@gmail.com

  • liliesrnice said:  

    I want to win this book!

  • Charlene Kuser said:   This comment has been removed by the author.
  • Charlene Kuser said:  

    Following and Tweet:Swtlilchick
    http://twitter.com/Swtlilchick/status/2752267684

    CharlieGurl57@aol.com

  • Charlene Kuser said:  

    Following your blog

    CharlieGurl57@aol.com

  • lilyk said:  

    I am interested in entering. Thanks for the great contest!

  • lilyk said:  

    I subscribed by email.

  • Leave your response!