, , , ,

Sambucol Review & Giveaway

Friday, June 5, 2009 Leave a Comment

The more I look at ingredients in over the counter products, the more I’m looking to use natural products in our home. So when I was approached to review the Sambucol Elderberry Extract product line (which is all natural), I checked it out online and agreed.

Essentially the Sambucol line of products is an immune boosting measure to help your family combat the yucky effects of colds and flu. While it won’t stop you from getting sick, daily use of the Sambucol Elderberry products should cut down on the severity of symptoms and the time of a cold &/or flu.

The manufacturer suggests two teaspoons of syrup daily for maintenance, or if you are already sick two teaspoons four times a day. This is for ages four and older. They also have a formula especially made for kids, which can be taken by those as young as two years old.

So I’ve been using this for a bit now. I must admit, I’m not keen on the taste. It’s not that it tastes bad, it’s just…different. Certainly it’s not like taking apple cider vinegar (blech!), but don’t be expect it to be like knocking back pancake syrup either. I found that if I mixed the teaspoon of syrup in with a glass of water it was easy to take (and an extra plus is I got an extra 16oz of water in me!). I can’t support any of the claims as I wasn’t sick when I started taking it, but for what it’s worth I haven’t become sick during that time either. For those that like things simple, it also comes in a chewable tablet form.

The only downside I can see to these immune boosting products is that you’d go through them pretty quick. A four ounce bottle with one person using it for daily maintenance will last you less than two weeks. At a cost of $14.99 (arv), that’s somewhat expensive. On the other hand an average doctor’s visit will probably run you at least $100-$150. So if the product works, it’s kind of a no brainer.

Please read **About Reviews at the bottom of the page.



Win a Sambucol® “immunity boosting basket”:

I have one “Immune Boosting Gift Set” from Sambucol to giveaway. It will include the following (total value $45):

  • Sambucol® Original Formula - $14.99 for 4 ounce bottle
  • Sambucol® For Kids 2yrs-12yrs. - $14.99 for 4 ounce bottle.
  • Sambucol® Original Formula Chewable Tablets - $14.99 for 30 tablets

To enter you need to visit Sambucol® , then come back here and tell me what Sambucol® product you’d most like to try.

You must do this entry to be eligible to win!

Giveaway will end on June 12th at 11:59 pm cst. The winner will have 48 hours to respond. US entries 18+ only please.

Want to earn extra entries? Here is how you can:

  • Follow me on twitter and tweet about this giveaway. Leave the link to your tweet.
  • Subscribe to my blog via email or feed reader.
  • Add me to your blogroll. Leave the link to your blog in the comments section here.
  • Blog about this contest with links to this post and Sambucol®. Leave the link to your blog post in the comments section here.
  • Follow my blog publicly.

Be sure to leave each entry in a new comment!



73 comments »

  • samf36 said:  

    We use the Orginal Sambucol. It is amazing stuff.

  • HilLesha O'Nan said:  

    I'd love to try the Sambucol® Cold & Flu.

    lilacbutterfly [at] earthlink.net

  • nightowl said:  

    I would like the Sambucol®
    For Kids Liquid Extract.

  • nightowl said:  

    I subscribe by email.

  • nightowl said:  

    I follow your blog publicly.

  • Joanmurraycefalu said:  

    Great giveaway, thank you. I'd like to try Sambucol Cold and Flu.Hope I win :)

  • Courtney B said:  

    i would like to try the sugar free!:)

  • My Heart Blogged said:  

    I would like to try the Sambucol Original Tablets

    lostinthemission at yahoo dot com

  • My Heart Blogged said:  

    i follow you on twitter and tweeted

    http://twitter.com/vanessanoel/status/2049120992


    lostinthemission at yahoo dot com

  • Tes283 said:  

    Sambucol® Original Liquid Extract 7.8 fl.oz./230 ml

    That is my choice.

  • Tes283 said:  

    http://twitter.com/TES283/status/2049180990
    Am following and tweeted

  • mverno said:  

    the original mverno@roadrunner.com

  • Mommy 2 Bears said:  

    I'd go with the original. That's what I have used for years.

  • skytoucher said:  

    Sambucol Cold & Flu -- I have several immune disorders, including systemic lupus, so I am anxious to try things that will support the immune system when it is under "attack."

  • valerie2350 said:  

    my family loves the chewable tablets

  • valerie2350 said:  

    http://twitter.com/valerie2350/status/2051757059

  • clc408 said:  

    I'd like to try Sambucol® Immune Tablets. Thanks for the chance.

  • lsfish said:  

    I would like to try the Sambucol Immune Tablets

  • Anonymous said:  

    I would try Sambucol Cold and Flu.

  • Sunnyvale said:  

    This one: Sambucol® Sugar Free

  • Anonymous said:  

    I would love to try the Sambucol® Immune Tablets.

  • Anonymous said:  

    I follow

  • Anonymous said:  

    I subscribed

  • Emmy Coffee said:  

    I'd love to try out the Immune Tablets

  • Emmy Coffee said:  

    I subscribed to your feed with google reader

  • pamcallahan said:  

    I would like to try the Sambucol Cold and Flu Relief

    pamela.callahan@sbcglobal.net

  • Katie said:  

    I like the look of the Sambucol Sugar Free because it is free of artificial colors and sweetened with sorbitol.
    katiekarr at gmail dot com

  • jennem said:  

    I'd like to try Sambucol for Kids. My daughter is exposed to a lot of germs here in the city.
    Jennifer, jennem22 at yahoo dot com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I'd love to try the cold and flu. Thanks for the great giveaway!

    luckymegs1981 AT yahoo DOT com

  • darlanpaulsmamma said:  

    would love to try the sambucol for kids
    melissa.barnes76 at yahoo dot com

  • darlanpaulsmamma said:  

    subscribe in email
    melissa.barnes76 at yahoo dot com

  • Charity S said:  

    I like the Sambucol Original Chewable Tablets.

    Thanks

    charisscharity [at] yahoo [dot] com

  • Charity S said:  

    I'm following and tweeted.

    http://twitter.com/ccboobooy/status/2110365643

  • Charity S said:  

    I subscribe to your feed.

  • Hetal said:  

    would like to try
    Sambucol® Cold & Flu

  • Anonymous said:  

    I would love to try the Sambucol for kids!

    lukeandbryn@gmail.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I subscribe via Google Reader!

    lukeandbryn@gmail.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I would love to try the Sambucol Immune Tablets:)

  • Anonymous said:  

    I follow! :)

  • Christina said:  

    Christina - xristya@rock.com - I'd like to try the Original Sambucol. Thanks for the chance to win this wonderful giveaway!

  • intime said:  

    Sambucol Cold and Flu intime@myself.com

  • taylorbagels said:  

    Sambucol® Original Tablets, Sambucol Cold & Flu.
    electricisland(at)gmail.com

  • taylorbagels said:  

    Following you on Twitter (id- electricisland) & a Tweet!

    http://twitter.com/electricisland/status/2129658848

    electricisland(at)gmail.com

  • taylorbagels said:  

    I just Subscribed by email, electricisland(at)gmail.com

  • taylorbagels said:  

    Following your blog publicly. electricisland[at]gmail.com

  • Nanette said:  

    I like that Sambucol Sugar Free and that it is free of artificial colors.

  • Happi Shopr said:  

    I'd like to try Sambucol® Original Liquid Extract 7.8 fl.oz./230 ml. trinitygsd at yahoo dot com

  • Carolyn said:  

    Sambucol Cold and Flu.
    ceimusic@aol.com

  • jetta1975 said:  

    I would like to try Sambucol® Immune.

  • jetta1975 said:  

    I am a follower on Twitter and I just tweeted your giveaway @ https://twitter.com/jettaway75/status/2136223913

  • Kathy P said:  

    wed love to try the cold and flu formula :)

  • Kathy P said:  

    following your blog as klp1965
    kathy pease

  • Anonymous said:  

    I'd like to try the Sambucol® Immune Tablets
    renee
    yeloechikee at hotmail dot com

  • NesieBird said:  

    Sambucol® Cold & Flu would be best for me. Thanks.

    kneecree at gmail dot com

  • cman said:  

    Sambucol Original Liquid Extract :)

  • Betty C said:  

    I'd like to try the Sambucol® for Kids. We need it for my grandson.

  • Laureen said:  

    I'd most like to try Sambucol For Kids. Thanks!

    lmarston AT yahoo DOT com

  • Laureen said:  

    I subscribed to your feed via RSS. Thanks!

    lmarston AT yahoo DOT com

  • Laureen said:  

    I follow you on Twitter and tweeted:
    http://bit.ly/7Eok4 Sambucol giveaway (MamandeEDS)

    lmarston AT yahoo DOT com

  • ZESTYWONDERLAND said:  

    I would most like to try the COLD & FLU RELIEF!

    zestywonderland@gmail.com

  • ZESTYWONDERLAND said:  

    I follow on blogger!
    zestywonderland@gmail.com

  • ZESTYWONDERLAND said:  

    I subscribe!

    zestywonderland@gmail.com

  • Donna said:  

    I would like the original.
    donna444444@yahoo.com

  • Donna said:  

    subscriber
    donna444444@yahoo.com

  • Donna said:  

    follow on twitter. (donnak4)
    donna444444@yahoo.com

  • Donna said:  

    follower
    donna444444@yahoo.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I would love to try the Sambucol® Immune Tablets 30 ct. Thank you for the opportunity to participate in this giveaway!

  • Leave your response!