, , , ,

How to be Frugal when using your Keurig

Thursday, June 4, 2009 Leave a Comment

Let me introduce you to my new toy.

After unsuccessfully trying to win one of these babies, I finally broke down and bought one. I previously had a Senseo but quite honestly, I only used that because I got a fantastic deal on it (essentially I got paid to buy it ).

That being said I LOVE my new Keurig -- except for one thing, the cost of the K-Cups. Ouch! Those little guys are pricey !

But because I am as resourceful as I am frugal, I was doing some searches on the internet on how to save money on k-cups and came across My-Kap.

To let you know, I did receive some of these free but I was not asked to review them or write a blog post about them. I am just very tickled with them and wanted to share!

You take one of your used k-cups, peel the foil off, clean the cup out, let it dry, then fill it with your favorite ground coffee, put a My-Kap on, line up the bottom hole with the needle and brew. The coffee splashes a bit more using these, and sometimes drips a little more from the dispenser, but really not horribly (I've needed a paper towel to wipe it up a little spillage a few times).

I know that it's a little more work and for some people would not be worth it, as well as some might think it "icky" to re-use the k-cup, but I'm thrilled I can cut the cost a bit of buying k-cups (which I still will do, I'll just get a few more uses out of each one!). I can also use my favorite brands and flavors that aren't available yet in k-cups.

If you have a Keurig and are interested, watch the following video and check out
Reuse your Keurig K-Cups! They have a referral program too, so if you are interested in ordering some My-Kaps, use my email nov231973 at gmail dot com when you order from their site; and I'll get a few more too - then you can tell your friends and get some extras and so on and so on!

0 comments »

Leave your response!