, , , , ,

Finish Quantum & Jet-Dry Turbo Dry Review/Giveaway

Saturday, April 18, 2009 Leave a Comment

If you've been following my blog for awhile, you will know that Hubby got me a new dishwasher not too long ago. Not just any dishwasher, this is the Mercedes of dishwashers, a top of the line Bosch. It's no surprise that the makers of Bosch recommend Finish detergent in this machine, and that's just what I've been using since I got it. The 3-in-1 tablets that is.


And then a little over a week ago, I was given the opportunity to try the newest Finish product the Quantum dishwasher tablets.

If you didn't know any better, you'd think these were designed by MI-6 for nefarious purposes. I mean take a look at it....
Can't you just picture a cute guy with a British accent, attaching that to a wall to blow a door open or something? Alas, it won't save the world from evil, but it will clean your dishes. Really well. Really, really well. Want proof?

Dirty....

Place Finish Quantum in detergent dispenser. That's it. Nothing else to do. The outer wrapper of the tablet is water soluble and it will disappear just like the mac and cheese you made for dinner. Turn dishwasher on. Open it an hour and a half later, and....

Clean dishes!! With no spots (that's because of that fancy red Jet-Dry Powerball in the middle).

So while I still believe that there is a secret underground laboratory with a bunch of technologically advanced rocket-scientists manufacturing these tablets with their 3 powerful active ingredients: the Powerball for shine, the Powermax Bleach to remove stains and the Powerful Enzymes to soften burnt on food, I'm told that this is manufactured by Reckitt Benckiser and you can buy it at retailers nationwide for an average price of $4.99 for 12 tablets (specially marked packages for a limited time will get you 25% more).

Now if you have super hard water like where I live (seriously we could lime scale our taps weekly), you will probably need some extra rinse agent. So to make your life (and mine easier), the Jet-Dry Turbo Dry is the way to go.
Top off your rinse agent dispenser with this, and you will be amazed that your dishes, even your plastics, will have less water adhering to them at the end of the cycle. Less drying, before you put away = more time for...well whatever it is you want more time for!

To learn more, visit www.FinishDishwashing.com. (And you really want to visit, because not only do they have coupons there, you can enter a sweepstakes for a chance at some really great swag)

Please read **About Reviews at the bottom of this page


WIN IT!! Three random commenters can win a package of Finish Quantum and a bottle of Jet-Dry Turbo Dry.

To enter, let me know which type of dishwasher detergent you are using now.

The above step is required before you use any of the extra credit options.
Please leave an e-mail if it is not visible in your profile.


Extra Entries! Leave a separate comment for each one you do.

1. Blog about this giveaway, leaving a link to this post.

2. Follow me publicly. Click on follow this blog in the right sidebar. (If you already follow that counts)
3. Subscribe to my blog via rss feed. (If you already subscribe that counts)
4. Add my button to your blog, located at the top left sidebar (If you already have it, let me know with a link to your blog)
5. Follow me on twitter and tweet about this contest. Leave the link to your tweet in the comments.
You can copy and paste this if you like:
@threedifferent I entered to win Finish Quantum & Jet-Dry Turbo Giveaway at ThreeDifferentDirections.You can too! http://tinyurl.com/cym424

6. Favorite my blog on Technorati.
7. Kirtsy this post.

Contest ends April 25, 2009 at 11:59 pm cst. Winners will be chosen at random. This giveaway is open to US Residents ages 18+.

190 comments »

  • Sue said:  

    I've been using Cascade. I didn't realize Bosch recommends Finish. Thanks for sharing~

  • TRUN said:  

    Electrosol but it varies based on price

  • mverno said:  

    cascade i have tor years now mverno@roadrunner.com

  • Denise S. said:  

    I am using Cascade liquid right now.

  • rbailey1958 said:  

    Dollar Store Brand Gel
    pkbailey@charter.net

  • Leslie M. said:  

    I am using Publix Lemon Crystals! With the economy the way it is, that is what I can afford! It is not the greatest but I rinse the dishes really well and sigh... it is doing an OK job.
    Leslie
    LeslieVeg@msn.com
    http://leslielovesveggies.blogspot.com/

  • Leslie M. said:  

    Yup, I'm a follower
    Leslie
    LeslieVeg@msn.com
    http://leslielovesveggies.blogspot.com/

  • Leslie M. said:  

    LeslieVeg is following you on Twitter and left a tweet
    http://tinyurl.com/cym424
    Leslie
    LeslieVeg@msn.com
    http://leslielovesveggies.blogspot.com/

  • Leslie M. said:  

    Your Blog is a Favorite on my Technorati. My username is LeslieVeg
    Leslie
    LeslieVeg@msn.com
    http://leslielovesveggies.blogspot.com/

  • Unknown said:  

    I use Cascade.Thanks for the chance to try this!
    hondaray6 at hotmail dot com

  • Leslie M. said:  

    Tam, I just joined Kirtsy( JUST THIS SECOND!) and I think I did it right, and Kirstied this post, I hope I did it right.. My username is LeslieVeg.

    Leslie
    LeslieVeg@msn.com
    http://leslielovesveggies.blogspot.com/

  • ~*~lilshuga2001~*~ said:  

    Cascade all the way!

    Would love to try this stuff!!

    Thanks 4 the chance!! :)

  • Jennifer C. said:  

    I use Cascade pacs, but I would like to try these products!

  • valerie2350 said:  

    http://twitter.com/valerie2350/status/1552963277

  • valerie2350 said:  

    button
    http://sweeps4california.blogspot.com/

  • Unknown said:  

    I am currently using Electrasol gel pacs. Thanks.

    kport207 at gmail dot com

  • heartchild said:  

    We are using the Kirkland brand from Costco for our dishwasher. This looks like a great product!

  • Anonymous said:  

    Seventh Generation or Sun&Earth

  • deb126 said:  

    I use many kinds, depends on price and coupon, but mostly its Cascade, my dishwasher does recommend Finish but havent tried it yet, thanks for hosting this great giveaway,

  • deb126 said:  

    I tweeted also, Thanks again
    http://twitter.com/deb126

  • deb126 said:  

    I follow your blog too, Thanks again

  • Anonymous said:  

    Cascade. But i have used the store brands too.

  • Anonymous said:  

    twitter following, tweet http://twitter.com/drala625/status/1553826332

  • Anonymous said:  

    Now I use Dawn..
    waiting for the dishwasher coming soon.

  • Anonymous said:  

    tweeted

    http://twitter.com/lisagee123/status/1553955422

  • Anonymous said:  

    follower

  • Stephanie said:  

    Was using dapple, now back to Cascade.
    tvollowitz at aol dot com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I prefer Cascade Powerball but will admit that I do buy what's on sale when I need to. Would love to win this.
    rmc1ra(at)aol(dot)com

  • Polished10 said:  

    Ugh, the current detergent I am using is doing such a bad job at cleaning my dishes. There are caked on bits on my dishes & it's drivin' me nuts! I have Cascade at the moment & never again will I buy the darn stuff, it just isn't doing the job!

  • chromiumman said:  

    currently using cascade

  • Anonymous said:  

    cascade action pacs
    timgus at cox dot net

  • Veronica Lee said:  

    Although I'm not eligible for entry to the giveaway, I'll like to say I'm your follower and love your blog!

  • Anonymous said:  

    Mary
    zenrei57 (at) hotmail (dot) com

    Hi :) Right now I am using an inexpensive store brand because I had run out of coupons.

  • clc408 said:  

    I have Cascade powder in the cupboard right now. Thanks for the giveaway.

  • Jean said:  

    i just started using Finish, and didn't know that the plastic covering is water-soluble. Thanks

  • clynsg said:  

    I generally use Electrosol, but have been known to use another when I have a coupon for it.

    clynsg at yahoo.com

  • clynsg said:  

    I follow.

    clynsg at yahoo.com

  • lsfish said:  

    Whatever powder is on sale or the store brand

  • Sandra K321 said:  

    I currently use the Electrasol 3-in-1 tablets.

  • Sue E said:  

    I currently use Cascade action gel pacs. Thanks for the chance to win!

    sueellison@hcecwildblue.com

  • pms3237 said:  

    I use Cascade and am up to trying a new item. My dishes are not as clean as I would like sometimes.

  • pamcallahan said:  

    Right now I am using Electrasol. I tend to buy whatever is on sale or I have a coupon for

    pamela.callahan@sbcglobal.net

  • oceanrena said:  

    whatever is on sale and i have a coupon for

  • denyse said:  

    Currently I'm using Cascade.

  • sweetsue said:  

    I am using a "green" dishwashing detergent. I am sad to say it doesn't work very well.
    smchester at gmail dot com

  • sweetsue said:  

    I follow on Blogger.
    smchester at gmail dot com

  • Jenn said:  

    I'm a pretty loyal electrasol user, so hope the new branding doesn't change things!

  • Fangirl Jen said:  

    I currently use Sun Light

  • karenmed409 said:  

    I use Cascade or a store brand

  • Carolyn G said:  

    I faved you on technorati: carogonza

  • Anonymous said:  

    Sunlight
    liquid

  • Anonymous said:  

    I use the Electrasol tabs.

    adr1001025[at]msn.com

  • llinda29 said:  

    I use the store brand

  • Sonya Cocherell said:  

    I use Electrasol right now. I think it's great.

  • Robin T said:  

    I currently use Cascade

  • tatertot374 said:  

    Thank you for a great giveaway. I currently use Cascade but would love to try this. THank you
    tatertot374@sbcglobal.net

  • kmg365 said:  

    I switch back and forth between Cascade gelpacs and Electrosol. But I haven't tried Quantum yet, and I can't wait to see what it can do.

  • Sunnyvale said:  

    I'm using Cascade powder

  • sweepmom said:  

    I only use Electrasol. I have not tried the new formulation though.

  • Anonymous said:  

    I am using Cascade.
    rmo210 at sbcglobal dot net

  • Cynthya said:  

    I'm using Trader Joe's dishwasher detergent.

  • vboackle said:  

    i currently use this very same product.

  • Anonymous said:  

    i use the store brand!!

    autumn398 (at) yahoo.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I differ between brands, I shop on sale a lot, so I use whatever is the cheapest but an actual good brand

    kristi2bsb@yahoo.com

  • andrea v said:  

    i am currently using cascade powder

  • Hetal said:  

    I am using Cascade now.thanks

  • Anonymous said:  

    I use store brand. This stuff is expensive!!
    http://verginon40.blogspot.com/

  • Michael Kuntz said:  

    Right now I am using Finish power balls.

    Michael.Kuntz[ at ]gmail.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I use Electrasol gel.
    Elizabeth
    mrsgerbil@hotmail.com

  • ehhogan said:  

    I'm using Electrasol


    ehhogan@bellsouth.net

  • Jackie said:  

    I am currently using Electrasol 2 in 1 Gelpacs. Thanks for the review and giveaway!

  • iggysaysno said:  

    we're using generic sun light orange tablets

  • Heather B said:  

    currently I am the dishwasher and use palmolive. Next month we are moving into our first house and it has a dishwasher I am SO excited

  • Unknown said:  

    Cascade is what I use now!


    Thanks for entering me! Great Contest!

    Janna Johnson
    janna@FeedYourPigBlog.com
    www.FeedYourPigBlog.com

  • VickieB said:  

    Currently we use Sunlight

  • Tamara B. said:  

    I currently use Electrasol
    tamben7996(at)aol(dot)com

  • Tamara B. said:  

    I follow.
    tamben7996(at)aol(dot)com

  • Tamara B. said:  

    I am a subscriber.
    tamben7996(at)aol(dot)com

  • VickieB said:  

    follow on Twitter and tweet
    http://twitter.com/vlbsweeps/status/1572185519

  • msrodeobrat said:  

    im currently using cascade

  • Anonymous said:  

    I currently use Cascade Powder - we have hard water as well!

    Tarah
    tarah716[at]ymail.com

  • Melanie said:  

    I use Electrasol powder detergent

    melaniein2003 at yahoo com

  • mogrill said:  

    I use Cascade right now. Thanks for the chance.
    mogrill@comcast.net

  • Linda said:  

    I am using Electrasol Gelpacs right now.

  • Ingrid said:  

    I currently use Cascade.

  • Ingrid said:  

    I follow you publicly.

  • sweetiesteph23 said:  

    I use the Wal-Mart brand imitation cascade liquid.

  • Anonymous said:  

    I am currently using Electrosol tablets. I would be hesitant to try another brand because I think they work really great, but now that I see Electrosol has changed their name to Finish, I would love to try Finish!

    Thank you for the giveaway!

  • Anonymous said:  

    I subscribe in Google Reader!

  • Anonymous said:  

    I follow your blog. Thanks again!

  • SeahorseLady said:  

    I currently use Cascade. I've not tried Quantum before but it sounds good.
    Thanks for the nice and clean giveaway.

  • SeahorseLady said:  

    I subscribe to your feed.

  • heaventrees said:  

    I am using Cascade right now, mainly because it was on sale.

  • latishajean said:  

    We use Electrosol tablets most of the time sometimes cascade. We do use jet dry offen helps alot.
    tishajean@charter.net

  • Nickolay said:  

    I use cascade. The one in the green bottle, but I am always looking for a new type of dishwasher soap

    jason@allworldautomotive.com

  • Unknown said:  

    Right now I'm using lemon scented Cascade. It was on sale.

  • Unknown said:  

    Following on Twitter and tweeted

    http://twitter.com/ksh123/status/1596895472

  • Middy06 said:  

    I use Sunlight right now. I'm eager to try the Finish products!

  • terri142 said:  

    I use cascade complete

  • kristina Jones said:  

    I use cascade



    gladstone7272 at yahoo. com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I'm using Cascade gel tabs, but I'd really like to try the new Finish Quantum :) *Thanks* for the giveaway!
    blog[at]theluckyladybug[dot]org

  • Anonymous said:  

    I blogged about the giveaway :
    http://theluckyladybug.org/2009/04/425-finish-dishwashing-giveaway-2/
    blog[at]theluckyladybug[dot]org

  • Anonymous said:  

    I'm following you on Blogger :)
    blog[at]theluckyladybug[dot]org

  • Sonya said:  

    I'm using Cascade Complete

  • Anonymous said:  

    I'm following you on Twitter and I Tweeted the giveaway :
    http://twitter.com/TheLuckyLadybug/status/1601567898
    blog[at]theluckyladybug[dot]org

  • Melanie said:  

    We use Cascade, or whatever is cheap at the grocery store.


    clarkmurdock@yahoo.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    We use Cascade-
    I couldn't help but smile at your pictures of your dishwasher- you have a penguin plate EXACTLY like some I have ;)
    I know- I'm easily amused.

    froggypartyof2@aol.com

  • Unknown said:  

    We use Cascade, thank-you.

  • Anonymous said:  

    I use the Electrasol with Jet Dry ball tablets but really want to try the Quantum tablets.

  • Anonymous said:  

    We are using Cascade now

    weblynx at hotmail.com

  • bloggytreasures said:  

    Right now I'm using Cascade Complete.
    quelleheure4[at]gmail{dot}com

  • bloggytreasures said:  

    I am now following you on twitter and tweeted.
    http://twitter.com/quelleheure4/status/1605737948

  • Michele H said:  

    I use the Electrasol Tabs and Jet Dry in my dishwasher but I really want to try this new Quantum tablets.
    Thanks for the giveaway.
    michele3873[at]msn[dot]com

  • Michele H said:  

    I am a subscriber.
    michele3873[at]msn[dot]com

  • Michele H said:  

    I follow your blog.
    michele3873[at]msn[dot]com

  • sachidewey said:  

    I generally just use store brand.

  • Becky said:  

    I'm using Cascade right now.

  • Anonymous said:  

    we use cascade

  • Anonymous said:  

    follower

  • A Reader said:  

    I use Electrasol.
    Please enter me.
    Thanks for the giveaway!
    kimspam66@yahoo.com

  • camper223 said:  

    Well I usually buy what name brand is on sale, my husband buys the store brand which I'm currently using and sadly it isn't very good.
    I would love to try the Finish Quantum.

    Thank you

    camper223[at]live[dot]com

  • camper223 said:  

    I'm a blog follower

    Thank you

    camper223[at]live[dot]com

  • camper223 said:  

    I'm a subscriber

    Thank you

    camper223[at]live[dot]com

  • camper223 said:  

    I'm a twitter follower
    I twitted this contest
    camper223

    @threedifferent I entered to win Finish Quantum & Jet-Dry Turbo Giveaway at ThreeDifferentDirections.You can too! http://tinyurl.com/cym424
    less than 10 seconds ago from web


    Thank you

    camper223[at]live[dot]com

  • carolpie said:  

    Right now I am using Cascade but I switch between that, natural ones, and Electrasol.

  • tlcfromtn said:  

    I use Cascade

    braaisjo at gmail dot com

  • pestkaj said:  

    We use cascade right now

    pestakj(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • Unknown said:  

    Currently use Cascade & its just OK.
    jesskaufman at hotmail dot com

  • Unknown said:  

    Follow your blog
    jesskaufman at hotmail dot com

  • Unknown said:  

    Subscribe to your feed also.
    jesskaufman at hotmail dot com

  • Unknown said:  

    Faved you in Technorati (MacMomof3)
    jesskaufman at hotmail dot com

  • Unknown said:  

    I have your button on my blog.
    jesskaufman at hotmail dot com

  • Deborah Wellenstein said:  

    I actually use Finish (Electrasol), but haven't tried the Quantum yet. Thank you!

  • Anonymous said:  

    I am using Cascade. garrettsambo@aol.com

  • Kit Kat K said:  

    I am using
    Quantum finish

  • george ferris said:  

    I am using cascade.
    george ferris
    littlegeorgie56@yahoo.com

  • Tammie said:  

    We currently use Sun Light liquid detergent (similar to Cascade but much less expensive). I been tempted to try tablets instead of liquid but since we normally operate our dishwasher on a light/reduced mode I've been afraid that the tablets won't fully dissolve. ;)

    mcj4tlj@comcast.net

  • Michelle said:  

    I've always used Cascade just because that's what my Mom used...maybe I'll be switching now, though!

  • ky2here said:  

    I've been using the Kirkland brand from Costco. Heeelllllpppp!

  • Anonymous said:  

    Typically, we use Cascade, but sometimes get generic.

    mzpaw@yahoo.com

  • lisaray said:  

    I use whichever tab type detergent is on sale.

  • Mae B said:  

    we use finish..but it is expensive!!!

  • souldolphindream said:  

    I have been using the electrisol gel tabs

    they seem to work pretty good

    souldolphindream@aol.com

    thanks

  • Anonymous said:  

    we use finish when there is a good coupon for it

  • Anonymous said:  

    I am currently using Electrasol dishwashing detergent

    smarinels@hotmail.com

  • Brian E. said:  

    Thanks for the giveaway...We are currently using Costco/Kirkland brand but we switch around depending on price.

    senorpiero [at] yahoo [dot] com

  • dvice12 said:  

    Right now I'm using Palmolive

  • lilyk said:  

    Currently I'm using store brand dishwasher detergent.

  • lilyk said:  

    I subscribed to your blog.

  • CAmom04 said:  

    We currently are using the Kirkland brand that Costco sells (looks like Cascade). I would love to win this prize pack as I checked out the website and love the fact that this brand is recommended by more dishwasher manufacturers than any other! That is pretty impressive! Thanks for the giveaway!

  • Anonymous said:  

    We love Cascade Action Pacs.

    oldnehamkin@yahoo.com

  • Betty C said:  

    I am currently using Palmolive gel and I'm not too happy with it. I'd like to try this because I think it would do a better job.

  • Betty C said:  

    I subscribe in google reader.

  • /\Heather/\ said:  

    We use cascade. Thanks!

  • Helen said:  

    I currently use Cascade and I'm not really happy with the results.

  • Anonymous said:  

    I am using Cascade Gel right now because I had a pretty good coupon. Thank you for the opportunity to participate in this giveaway!

  • Anonymous said:  

    It's a generic brand I get from the Big Star. I can't remember the exact name.

    ladycat713@yahoo.com

  • Leave your response!