, , , ,

Creative Vado Review

Tuesday, April 21, 2009 Leave a Comment


Capturing life as it happens has become very important to me.

A few years ago I gave Hubby a small Handycam for Christmas, but to get good quality video means using tapes in it. While I like using it for weddings and vacations, it's too much work to transfer over to the PC and save it to dvd for everyday use.

Thanks to NewBaby.com and Creative, I was able to receive a Vado Pocket Video Cam to vlog with.

Since the Vado doesn't use tapes, but records to an internal memory, it's super simple to use and upload your content. If you want high quality video it will record an hours worth, or if you are willing to sacrifice a bit of quality for more time, the SP setting will get you 2 hours of recording time.

I got the pink model of this design, which I am SO glad about. Hubby nor Genius (who has a repulsion to all things the color pink), will have no desire to pick up an walk away with this, so it's MINE ALL MINE
☺. For those of you who would like to sport a different color it also comes in silver.

This is truly a take it with you anywhere camera -- at a little more than half an inch thick, and only four inches tall, it really does fit in your pocket, wristlet or diaper clutch.

Uploading is a cinch with the built in USB connector. This is also how you recharge the battery.

I needed to download a program to be able to see the video content on my PC, but that was quick and painless.

The microphone seems to pick up better when the videographer is speaking, when you are pointing the camera away (such as videoing yourself), it doesn't seem to pick up the sound as well, although it is still audible.

The bottom line of this mini camcorder is that it can be purchased at Amazon.com
for just over $65 right now. For that price, its' tiny design, rechargeable battery, and ease of use is worth it. You will want this to have around to catch those unexpected moments that will otherwise go unrecorded.

Check out the following video I created with it - An Easy Crockpot Dinner for you and your family!


0 comments »

Leave your response!