, , , , ,

Yo-Plus Review & Giveaway

Friday, February 13, 2009 Leave a Comment

If any of you have been reading my blog lately, you will know that I have been focusing on finding wholesome, natural and healthy foods to feed my family.

Well this post is one more along that line. My Blogspark and Yoplait generously sent me a package, so I could tell you all about YoPlus Digestive Yogurt in their newest flavor Blueberry Acai (by the way that's pronounced "ah-sigh-ee", which is something new I learned when researching these berries!).

I'm sure you've heard by now about the properties of acai, because this little berry is taking America by storm. With antioxidants that fight free-radicals (and I'm not talking about those little toddlers that are running around during a potty training session, you'll have to get something else to fight that kind...), this little berry can help you keep healthy in a whole lot of ways.

YoPlus is a great way to get the nutritional benefits of the acai berry and combined with the probiotics in this yogurt, you are on the way to a healthy new year!

I must tell you that this is very yummy! Take a look at this creamy, delicious snack.
The flavor is much like a blueberry yogurt, but not quite as intense or sweet because of the added acai berries.

I, being a lifetime Weight Watchers member, always still look at the nutritional labels on the foods I eat. Knowing that dairy products help to aid in weight loss and management, YoPlus is a great way to get that dairy serving in. With a 4oz cup having 110 calories, 1.5 g of fat and 3 g of fiber, this treat is only 2 Points. If you want to, you can even freeze it, and have an indulgent snack!

If you are interested in learning more about YoPlus, the different flavors they offer and the benefits of eating it every day, check out their website. The cost of a 4-pack at my Wal-Mart Superstore was $2.23. Even better, Yo-Plus is now offering a $1.50 off downloadable coupon for a 4-pack of yogurt available at http://bricks.coupons.com/bstart.asp?o=55277&ci=1&c=GM&p=vZpuCdX5. That would make it only around 75¢ to try this!

Three of you could win the same gift bag that I received from Yoplait. Including a cooler tote, a 1 liter bpa free water bottle, nutritional journal and a coupon for a free 4 pack of YoPlus.

Here's how to enter: (By leaving a comment you agree to the Privacy Disclosure and Rules)

  • Leave a comment sharing your personal tip on how to stay healthy and maintain a nutritional diet this year

    For additional entries (the above entry MUST be done in order to qualify for additional entries)

  1. Follow my blog publicly (that's the only way I can verify) if you already follow publicly just comment with that and your blogger id.
  2. Subscribe to my feed, if you already subscribe just mention that you already do.
  3. Write a post and link back to this contest on your blog, leave the permalink so I can find you.
  4. Spread the word to your friends via twitter and leave your username with the link.
  5. Grab my button, and put it on your blog, leave a link so I can find you, if my button is already on your blog just let me know.
  6. Use your EC credits to buy advertising on Three Different Directions, just comment with your blog name so I can check my list of current and awaiting ads.

US Residents ages 13+ only please.

Contest ends on February 20, 2009 at 10:00 am cst.

98 comments »

  • MOMFOREVERANDEVER said:  

    just learning self control for all is needed- really- portion control is a biggie and putting away extras for other meals before you serve yourself or the family- less chance of overeating. I also know my downfalls and will not buy things I know I have no control over- such as pringles.. so when I want something crunchy I go make popcorn that is healthy and airpopped

  • Jill said:  

    I am leaving my car at home and walking instead. It is making a big difference not only for myself, but my kids too.

  • Anonymous said:  

    I drink tea instead of calorie laden drinks.

  • Anonymous said:  

    This year ( like many others) my resolution is to eat healthy, drink plenty of water, give up my Pepsi addiction and exercise everyday for at least 30 minutes. So far I have stuck with it, first time ever. I am eating 3 meals a day, skipping breakfast and lunch was what I had done for years. I learned that that is not the right way to get healthy and lose weight. Your metabolism needs those three meals a day. So far I have lost 10 lbs. since January 1st. My tip is eat those three meals a day and get that water in.

  • Anonymous said:  

    I just started walking and I drink more water than I use to.

  • mverno said:  

    plenty of rest and exercise cut back on red meats sugar products and eat smaller portions

  • Fangirl Jen said:  

    I drink more water, exercise, and eat a healthy breakfast. (it usually includes yogurt!)

  • Anonymous said:  

    Commit to eating at least one NATURALLY green, yellow, red or orange item at lunch and dinner.

    kr@roadrunner(dot)com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I have quit drinking soda this year. I am learning to drink more water.

  • Anonymous said:  

    I am a follower.

  • eyeslikesugar said:  

    Eat out less! We're eating out less because it's cheaper and we can keep track of how many calories we ingesting, and hat makes up a serving. Thank you so much for offering this giveaway! eyeslikesugar [at] gmail [dot] com

  • Tes283 said:  

    Drink water not juice. Drink green or white tea, not sodas. Drink healthy, skip the junk.

  • Anonymous said:  

    Learning to put my own condiments on that don't pack on the calories and drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day.

    Nora
    neneelynn@yahoo.com

  • Miss Spoken said:  

    I've added flax seed to my diet
    gkstratos@yahoo.com

  • Miss Spoken said:  

    Subscriber
    gkstratos@yahoo.com

  • Miss Spoken said:  

    Following (gkstratos)
    gkstratos@yahoo.com

  • Erica C. said:  

    always eat breakfast...and always have a bottle of water handy!

  • coliebear said:  

    I have made it my goal this year to drink 100 ounces of water a day. I bring a big bottle to my job (teaching kindergarten) and refill it three times. I am noticing MAJOR differences in my skin and hair and I find that I am not nearly as hungry all the time. Also I am a huge fan of the 100 calories snack packs for a small treat so I don't feel like I am depriving myself.

  • judybrittle said:  

    I am keeping a journal of diet tips
    and recipes to follow. The doctors piut my husband on a strict diet so I am searching daily for great healthy recipes and tips.

  • Dumaurier said:  

    I've started walking at least three times a week and I'm taking a multi-vitamin. Also drink lots of water before a meal, you'll eat less.

  • pal1 said:  

    I am starting to walk more each day and drink more water. I keep packets of True Lemon and sweetener with me to add to the water to give it some taste.

  • Anonymous said:  

    I'm working out with a buddy. We keep each other motivated. I have also cut out refined sugar.

  • Anonymous said:  

    I'm going raw.

    Stopped drinking all soda.


    patricjames at hotmail dot com

  • Belinda said:  

    I'm eliminating the junk food that is usually kept in the house where I will have to make smart eating choices.
    Thanks!
    1bmore @ gmail . com

  • Anonymous said:  

    Walk or ride my bike 3x a week when weather permits. Also, stop drinking soda.....water is the way to go.

    allain99@gmail.com

  • lsfish said:  

    I'm trying to eat more whole grains and walk my dog

  • Anonymous said:  

    If it isn't in sight you won't be tempted! We limit sweets and junk food in the house.

  • denyse said:  

    Excersize. Do it as a family. We love to take family bike rides and walks. Also drink plenty of water- it keeps you full.
    Don't buy junk, if it's not in the house, it won't be eaten!

  • laurieahigh said:  

    Try to eat fruits and veggies in a rainbow of colors. I know I need to work on getting more water and whole grains in my diet.

    laurieahigh at yahoo dot com

  • Anonymous said:  

    If sweets and treats can't get into the house...then they can't be consumed. If I leave a plate of carrot and celery sticks on the counter then the kids will eat those up.

    mjgroesbeck at yahoo dot com

  • Shannon said:  

    I am trying to fill up my water bottle at least 3 times a day so I get enough water. I don't usually drink enough water. That's my health goal and thought :)

  • Shannon said:  

    I subscribe to your blog now :)

  • Twincere said:  

    Always have healthy options as what you see first and put junk food out of sight.

    twincere[at]hotmail.com

  • Carolyn G said:  

    I push myself to exercise as much as possible.

  • llinda29 said:  

    I workout 6 days a week

  • Anonymous said:  

    I eat whatever I want. What's most important to health is a person's level of activity and cancelling out those calories we take in. There's too much focus on what we put in our mouths an not on how active we are.

  • Denise S. said:  

    Eat as many fruits and vegetables as possible every day.

  • KR said:  

    I east salads with fresh fruit fot lunch!

  • Anonymous said:  

    I'm hoping to eliminate sugar from my diet completely but it's very difficult.

    jimmyrug@hotmail.com

  • Jessica Cote said:  

    I have cut out having a coke or two every day and am instead drinking water and trying to eat more vegatables and just be more aware of how much and what all I am eating.

  • Anonymous said:  

    DRINK MORE WATER, EAT LESS RED MEAT AND WORK OUT MORE
    snowyatnite@yahoo.com

  • Anonymous said:  

    I'm drinking a lot more water this year, and to my surprise I find that now I actually WANT to drink it!

  • Anonymous said:  

    I'm following you as Table4Five.

  • Anonymous said:  

    This year, I am switching the family over from white bread and pasta to whole wheat, and trying to add more fiber wherever I can. Now they have granola bars and yogurt with fiber, so that helps a lot. THanks for the great giveaway.

  • Anonymous said:  

    Get exercise in at odd moments...
    -lift hand weights while watching TV
    -vigoriously clean so you work out your arm muscles
    -put on a CD and dance around while waiting for your morning coffee to be made


    autielady[at]live.com

  • cpullum said:  

    Stick to a menu and not stay off of it! Saves me money and keeps me healthy!
    Carla
    cpullum(at)yahoo(dot)com

  • azrosebud said:  

    this year I'm trying to cut down on sweets and drink more water. I'm a major soda holic so this has been no easy task for me

  • 3boyzmom said:  

    I'm replacing soda with water or unsweetened iced tea! I'm also walking the dogs at least 3 times a week!

  • 3boyzmom said:  

    I'm subscribed to your feed!

  • 3boyzmom said:  

    Tweet Tweet
    http://twitter.com/3boyzmom/status/1214494559

  • janetfaye said:  

    I always make sure I have fresh fruit ready to eat and cut up fresh vegetables in the fridge for snacking.

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

  • janetfaye said:  

    I follow this blog as janetfaye.

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

  • Greg R said:  

    Way more water and less fast food

  • Niki said:  

    Less sugar in my diet

  • Smooshy said:  

    my diet is almost completely organic

  • osugrad said:  

    Eating several smaller meals spread throughout the day keeps me from eating too much at one meal.

  • Nickolay said:  

    My best tip is to stay focused, drink lots of water, and just say no.

    jason@allworldautomotive.com

  • susan1215 said:  

    I limit my sugar intake try to eat more fruits and vegetables

  • bison61 said:  

    I'm trying to be more active this year and eat more fresh fruits and veggies for snacks

    tiramisu392 (at) yahoo.com

  • pickledseeds said:  

    I make sure I have lots of healthy snack options around like fresh fruit, low-salt nuts, low-fat yogurt and fresh veggies. This way we aren't tempted to grab a bag of chips. We also drink lots of water and walk daily.

  • Anonymous said:  

    I exercise daily!

    mzpaw@yahoo.com

  • Patricia C said:  

    If you have to drink soda, try to gradually water it down until its 1 part soda to 3 parts water. I did this slowly and now I'm so used to it that I love it.

  • eerienight said:  

    I started eating 2 cloves of garlic everynight at bedtime, walking everyday and drinking half of my body weight in water everyday...very cold water.

  • Tracysweetangl said:  

    TRY TO WALK EVERYDAY AND WATCH WHAT I EAT! TRY NOT TO USE TO MUCH SALT!

  • Anonymous said:  

    Oops I forgot to leave my email...

    nidi_28677[at]yahoo[dot]com

  • Anonymous said:  

    The way I have been staying in shape. I hit the gym 4 to 5 times a week. I also have smart start cereal. once a week I bike for 60 min. Good luck all.
    Stay healthy!

  • Anonymous said:  

    Walk with a friend.

  • Anonymous said:  

    I try to eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, dry water instead of soda, and take a nice walk everyday.
    farrell@crosslake.net

  • dvice12 said:  

    Eat lots of fruits and vegetables

  • Anonymous said:  

    I have actually started to exercise agian and try not to gorge, but to eat a healthy diet... Well, sort of a healthy diet-Eating sweets in moderation.
    Diane Baum
    dianesmb@aol.com

  • techyone said:  

    Drink more water and cut out sugar filled drinks.

  • lorides said:  

    we got the WII fit for Christmas and I have been doing it a lot with my kids. It is really fun and gets everyone off the couch.
    harborlad@optonline.net

  • diesel51 said:  

    I try never to have useless calories in the house. Never go shopping on an empty stomach or go down the candy isle. Walking with friends at night and have a goal outfit that I will buy myself.

  • Storm Safety Blog said:  

    I try to drink water or 100% juice at home, so I only have the occasional sugary soda when dining out. When I have my daily requirement of chocolate, I drink a full glass of milk and drink some between each bite; when the milk is gone, I stop eating the chocolate. It's a way to control how much sugar and fat I'm eating while still getting my fix.

  • TurQ1968 said:  

    I am buying fresh fruits every time I'm in the grocery store. Canned and frozen are too easy to overlook at home as snacks. Fresh are right there on the counter ready to be eaten.

  • Anonymous said:  

    I walk more.
    I always take the farthest parking spot on purpose because I feel like the complaint "im too busy to excercise" is ridiculous, their are many little things you can do.


    clarkmurdock@yahoo.com

  • rosannepm said:  

    I plan on drinking more acai berry and doing daily exercise, yoga, pilates and weights to get stronger in muscle and bones
    rosans4@comcast.net

  • rosannepm said:  

    I follow you
    rosans4@comcast.net

  • rosannepm said:  

    I subscribe
    rosans4@comcast.net

  • yadgirl said:  

    I try to stay away from home to avoid snacking all day, and I exercise 3 times per week.

  • Jayna said:  

    I try to keep all the healthy snacks (like fruits and veggies) out in the open where they're easy to see and grab when you feel snack-y.

    We do still have some not so healthy snacks (although I try not to keep them around as much!) but I make sure to put those in cupboards and behind other things so they're not the first thing you grab to munch on!

  • Unknown said:  

    I try to drink a lot of water to fill up.

  • Jennifer said:  

    I have been drinking a homemade fresh fruit smoothie every night. This yogurt would be great to add in them.

    jennylovesjeff (at) hotmail (dot) com

  • simply_unique said:  

    I have learned that I have to eat breakfast and also drink My water!

  • Anonymous said:  

    oh how i've become a yogurt fien... since I found out I was pregnant I've been eating yogurt as if i'm going to the electric chair.... I also plan on breastfeeding so if there's one thing i will definately continue to do that's healthy its eating my yogurts. I'd love to try new flavors, as I'm running out of new ones to try. I am a rabbit in disguise as well, my husband says, since I'm always eating fresh fruits and veggies. Hopefully, with a well-balanced diet, my fruits & veggies, my vitamins and my constant walking (as i don't drive and live in NY, NY)I hope to get back down to my pre-preggo weight ASAP. wish me luck!!!

  • Anonymous said:  

    Eat a healthy breakfast every day.

  • Anonymous said:  

    Eat a well balamced diet. Incorporate exercise into daily activities. At work spend 15 minutes of lunch break walking or exercising. garrettsambo@aol.com

  • lilyk said:  

    I try to stay well hydrated.

  • Re said:  

    i've learned to switch to salad plates when plating my meals. We eat less and don't feel as thought we're missing anything. We also drink water and only have a non-water drink once a day.

  • Mommykat007 said:  

    Breakfast is the breakfast of champions! I have found if I eat breakfast, I don't snack all day. There are so many varieties of yogurt now, it's almost like eating dessert. We also drink sugar free drink mix that has artificial sweeteners added. Sugar Free pudding made with skim milk, topped with fat free whipped topping. Thanks for the chance to win this great giveaway!

  • Anonymous said:  

    I have learned to drink more water and add more fresh fruits and veggies to my diet!~

  • arvard said:  

    I walk 2 miles a day and try to get enough sleep

  • /\Heather/\ said:  

    I find that it's easier to follow a good diet if you give in maybe once or twice a month to your cravings. I stick to my eating plan for two weeks, then give myself a 'cheat' meal, consisting of whatever it is I want, whether it's pancakes with butter and syrup or a messy fast food taco. :-)

  • Leave your response!