,

Tuesday's Tip Jar

Tuesday, January 13, 2009 Leave a Comment

I love buying vinyl tablecloths for a number of reasons. One I can co-ordinate them to the current season or holiday, two they're inexpensive and three they're easy to clean.

But...I HATE the strong creases they have in them when you take them out of the package and the strong plastic"y" scent they have when they are new too.

Do you dislike that too? If so here's my Tuesday Tip:

Put the tablecloth in the dryer on low heat for a couple of minutes with a damp bath towel. Take the tablecloth out, and while it is still warm, smooth out the wrinkles. If they are really pesky, and are still there, throw it back in. Be careful that you check it every minute or so though, because it can get really hot, even on low heat. The damp towels must help with the scent too, because I find it is not a strong after doing this.


Visit BlogMommas for more Tuesday Tips.

2 comments »

  • Anonymous said:  

    This is a great tip! I too can't stand the creases - tucking this away for Spring BBQ season!

    Happy Tuesday!
    :)
    Becki@BlogMommas

  • Jill @ Sneaky Momma said:  

    Great idea! I will have to try this!

  • Leave your response!