, , , , ,

The Critical Thinking Company

Monday, December 29, 2008 Leave a Comment


I was fortunate to receive the Building Thinking Skills - Level 3 Figural, from the Critical Thinking Company to review, as part of the TOSCrew.

This book has not remained untouched, since the day it came into my home! Genius immediately gravitated towards it, and started doing the workbook pages. "This is a real fun thing to do Mom" she said. GASP! Of course that left me beaming!

This particular book, has a whole slew of higher order thinking activities, that help students work out problems and questions in reading, writing, math and science.

I personally am not new to The Critical Thinking Company. Because of the design of their books, and that some of them have photocopy permissions, it is perfect for homeschool co-ops as well. I have been a helper in a class that used earlier levels for both 3&4 and 5&6 graders. The kids have all loved it, and have said that critical thinking has been one of their favorite classes.

The Level 3 Figural book, covers grades 7-12+, so there are a variety of difficulties in the assignments, and fortunately for mom and dad, there is an answer guide included as well!

This is definitely an area that I feel homeschooling has an advantage over public schooling, as there usually is not enough time in a public school day, for students to engage in activities like this, that are (as the name implies) critical for life skills.

If you've never tried one of these books before I encourage you to go to their website, and pick one up suitable to your family. There are so many neat products there, you may be browsing for a while. I hope you will be as impressed as I have been, they are the #1 selling thinking skills program in the world, and with good reason!

0 comments »

Leave your response!