,

Knitting

Sunday, October 12, 2008 Leave a Comment

A couple of years ago, along with the help of a dvd program I taught myself to knit. I am by no means an expert, but have gotten anything flat (ie; blankets, washcloths, etc) down pat. I like the no brain type of stuff like this to knit, because I do it while Hubby and I watch television.

When my mother-in-law passed away in May - I inherited all of her crocheting cotton (3 plastic tubs full), and have steadily been making washcloths and baby bibs out of them. I have found some great free patterns on the internet.

I have quite a bit of yarn, besides that from my mother-in-law, stashed and found a great headband pattern online that I think I will try.

Here is a picture of a couple of blankets that I have made; I tend to bind off tighter than I cast on which is why the one end curves more than the other, that is slightly more evident in the second picture! <--- something I need to work on! I also try and make them "Lovey" or "Car Seat" Size. First off they are more manageable to work with that way, and secondly should baby become attached to them, they are easier for little hands to hold and go with them, and less likely to trip on them when dragged around!

0 comments »

Leave your response!