Easy Key Lime Pie
We are using the wonderful resource of Bob Jones University Press curriculum World Studies for our Social Studies this year. We are so happy with it. At the end of each unit for extra things to do, they always include a recipe that has to do with what has just been studied. We had Cinnamon Toast and Garlic Bread for Medieval Times (learned about the spice trade). We had spaghetti when we learned about the Renaissance (which of course centered in Italy). We made Apple Cake when finished the Reformation (which had its roots in Germany). We are now learning about exploration. At the end of this unit the recipe is Key Lime Pie -- oh yummy! However it is a little too complex for my liking so I went searching over the internet for something a little easier. I came across this recipe at Allrecipes.com
Ingredients
4 Egg yolks (beaten)
2 cans sweetened condensed milk
1 cup key lime juice
1 9 inch pre-prepared graham crust
Directions
Preheat oven to 375 F.
1. Combine Eggs, Milk and Lime Juice. Mix well. Pour into crust
2. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes - allow to cool - garnish as desired.
We won't be finished the chapter for a few more days, maybe even a week or so. I thought I'd post it though, so if anyone was interested to make it before me, they could be my guinea pigs! LOL!
If you do decide to make it, would you post a comment and let me know how it turned out? I will make another post when I have made it, and let you all know how tasty (or not!) it was!



























0 comments »
Leave your response!