,

Meatloaf

Friday, June 20, 2008 Leave a Comment

I find it difficult to muster the gumption to cook in summer sometimes. With the heat and the lazy days, it does not come as natural to me to plan meals as it does in winter, when food becomes comfort!
Yesterday I took the initiative to make a family favorite. Meatloaf. Yes you heard that right, my family loves my meatloaf. Which says a lot, because my husband would not even eat his mother's meatloaf!
It's an extremely easy recipe that I adapted from a meatball recipe my aunt gave me at one of my wedding showers.

2 lbs ground beef (I use very lean beef 97%)
2 cups Italian Style bread crumbs
2 eggs

Smush it all together with your hands, pat it into a loaf pan. Bake for 45 to 60 minutes depending if you want it moist or dry (Hubby loves his dry) at 350 degrees.

Voila, yummy meatloaf, with just a little work!

Be sure to check out The Heart of the Matter for more tried and true recipes.

1 comments »

  • momtofivekids said:  

    sounds good, and easy. I'll have to try it!

  • Leave your response!